Thursday 9 February 2012

                 BADGER
Like a badger     slashed by a dagger     so I felt when she spoke to me
As an epic smile     lit up her face          ?or was it epic simile
Like it or lump it    she said  !I'm leaving you    !Well aint life kinda sweet?
My sugar    takin off with my brother     and kickin me in the teeth
Thus like my teeth    I had to take her out      and give her a dressin down
Cos my brother     is also her brother   -   that's why they had to leave town
And so I went out     with my friend Homer      into the centre of town
There I came    on a turf accountant's   where I could write my feelings down
My friend Homer - that's my stepdog - how! well she sit on the bookies' floor
Where she trips up     all of the losers        who try to step right over her
Like a badger      slashed by a dagger     so I felt when she spoke to me
As her easy smile    was lost in the distance     -    a street called  Misery.

               Tom Lee SKINNY             5.2.12

No comments:

Post a Comment