Wednesday 27 June 2012


Motsyn-Lineke: So finally after such a long wait what you got to tell us, Hackers ?
Jean Hackman: (pause) . . Such a lot to say really . .. I've needed all this time to get my
head together actually . . (pause) ... . I was lucky enough to be there, y'know?
at Koo's beheading, I mean .. I was one of a select few, privileged guests
. .. They'd sent out a special invite to "Abject Failures"      I was there ..
well, y'know, after the abject failure of my latest work  KnitOnePurl & Dean
- where only one person has bought the book ..   (breaks off) . ..
Motsyn-Lineke: (curious)   So who was the . . ?  (tails off)
Jean Hackman: (dismissive)  Purl & Dean ! . ... (pause) . . . Y'know I told Koo that you
just can't go around sayin' stuff like that against . .. about .. y'know ..
It's not the 70's after all . . (pause) . . .. (?is it )
Look!, Koo     I said    This aint the 70's ! (after all) , is it ? . .       (long pause) ..
Motsyn-Lineke: (eventually and curious)         ? Is that it
Jean Hackman:  (quickly dismissive)                                      Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment