Friday 21 September 2012

la pasionara

You hooked me           You looked me over              Your mouth  un folding
                       A smiler's web  concealing my desire            for you
                                                  Your bed as hard as trusted nails   which clawed me  back
                                           Drawing bloody scenes        of what we would do
To be together   after all these  years       No matter what                    No matter  whether 
                         It doesn't matter                               We're still together
             In Spain  there was a woman   bold and beautiful :
  La Pasionara    had only to avert her eyes  
     which shone like jewels   fought for in the grasping sun,
                                                  converting boys to sinners
                              or      returning them home to mother;
                                                                no place  for toothless gringos    in this human  race 
For time is on our side              
              Composure open wider  than the floodgates     in the morning tide
Call me  crazy !  if you like
but  I have a hazy memory of when we danced  at   Dawn's
Diving for pleasures
     you unfurled your tentacles  like widow's wings. Soon our lips had picked up the necessary lingo; 
                              you said my moves had  all the gracefulness  of a flamingo
                                                                   with steel-plated legs
So I enticed you       to spread your favours                     on grassy   Dawn's ;
not once      nor twice                 nor thrice         I named you   All Fourlawns.
              Drunk in moondust      we crazy-paved  our future       based on a love of lust
                                                                                                or a lust for love,   there ! you've made me say it
I love the way our love has not decayed in time
           I love you    like  I  love   La Pasionara
                                                                           La Pasionara       like    I   love          you
                                                             !
                        Neli, Neil  ( El Stinkymeno)  Kosmenyt

No comments:

Post a Comment