Thursday 13 September 2012

                        Pan,  Syrinx   and  the  demotic compost          ( XX )

P:  What do you intend doing with that bag of demotic compost,  Syrinx ?
S:   I thought I might be able to squeeze it into the oven.
P:  Will it go?
                                          much later
S:   I don't think so. .  .  .. .   ..
P:     . ... .   .                                      Is this episode  20   (XX)  already ?
S:  No.   XX  doesn't mean   20.    It means that I send you two kisses.
P:  Oh!  I see
                                                                                                                                                  Menotys Klein

                
                 Pan,  Syrinx  and the  demotic compost      ( IX )

P: So  . . only  ONE X  this time . . denoting just  one kiss for me, I suppose ?
S:  No !   IX  refers to  Episode 9, of course
P:  Oh  I see!  I thought I may have upset you over the demotic compost  . ..
S:  No.  But I  am really pissed off with you, mind you !
P:  Why would that be?
S:  Well, you're an intelligent bloke, that's true.
     You chase me and because you can't catch me, you have me transformed into reeds,
     out of which you construct your pipes,   . . to blow on to your heart's content ! !
     So , pray tell me, when you're so clever,  whatever  possessed you  to think 
     of putting pedestrian crossings on roundabouts ?!
P:  I don't know.
                                                                                                                  MK


No comments:

Post a Comment