Monday 9 January 2012

 8/1/12    SUNDAY

                                        Notes on Doc    (well no, it's about me to be honest .... )
PART I

Go to Lidl to read the sunday rags.  First time I've read the papers since England won the WorldCup.
Oddly - in that it's 45 years past its shelf life - TheSundayExpress of July1st, 1966  (day after England's historic victory
at Wembley)  sit there bold as brass, and with Hurstian irony.   Its front page bangs on a bit about England's famous 4-2 win,  but what really catches my eye is a separate story, concerning some  "hostages". 
Two words particularly stick in my noddle :    . .   twelve   held   ...
That's nothing to write home about     I hear you say. 
Well,  I happen to know for a fact that Siegfried (Siggy) Held did not wear the no.12 shirt in that momentous match.
And this is confirmed by Motsyn-Lineke , standing alongside me in Lidl :
                 For those not acquainted with world cup parlance
                            . . .   Held held the number 10 (shirt)  .. 
                                                                                          M-L 
You see. 
Thus revealing how little we can trust the press.

                                                                K

No comments:

Post a Comment